WHO ARE WE?
When we talk about “Musgrave”, or “we,” “us,” or “our,” in this privacy notice, we are talking about Musgrave Limited of Musgrave House, Ballycurreen, Airport Road, Cork, T12 TN99 in the Republic of Ireland trading as Musgrave Retail Partners Ireland, Musgrave Wholesale Partners, Musgrave MarketPlace and/or Musgrave Foodservices; in Northern Ireland we are talking about Musgrave SuperValu Centra NI Ltd trading as Musgrave Northern Ireland and/or Musgrave Distribution Ltd trading as Musgrave Marketplace and/or Musgrave Foodservices of Belfast Harbour Estate,1-19 Dargan Drive, Belfast BT3 9JG, in each case this includes a reference to the relevant subsidiaries, affiliates and their respective parent and subsidiary companies of those companies (“Musgrave Group”). We share your information within the Musgrave Group and with certain third parties as set out below to help us provide our services, comply with regulatory and legal requirements, and improve our products. Our main businesses include:
* MACE is part of the Musgrave group in Northern Ireland onlyFor the purpose of data protection legislation, we are the Data Controller of your Personal Data. In addition, where you provided Personal Data to a local store owner, the owner of the local store to which you supplied that data is also a data controller of your Information.
- Personal Data we may collect about you
- Personal Details: Name, Title, Gender, Date of Birth/Age,
- Contact Details: Billing and Delivery Address, Email Address, Phone Number
- Identification Details: Passport, Drivers Licence (where provided by you)
- Contact Preferences: Mail, SMS, Email
- Account Details: Account/Loyalty Number, Username, Password, Local Store
- Transaction Details: online or instore
- Financial and credit card information
- Interactions with our Customer Contact Centres: Calls/Queries/complaint Records
- Your survey & competition responses
- Device information - Technical information, including but not limited to the type of mobile device you use, a unique device identifier (for example, IP address, your Device’s IMEI number, the MAC address of the Device’s wireless network interface, or the mobile phone number used by the Device), our Application data, mobile network information, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile browser you use or time zone settings;
- Details of your use of any of our Services or Sites including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
- We may also use GPS technology or other similar positioning technology to determine your current location. Some of our location-enabled Services require your Personal Data for the feature to work. You can withdraw your consent to providing your location data at any time by turning off location services for the app in the settings of your device.
- Your images or your car number plate on CCTV where you visit our premises or the premises of a store owner
- Purchase products, services or vouchers through our websites (including when these are accessed from mobile devices) over the phone, store kiosks and/or in-store till points
- Register an account with us
- Interact with our Loyalty Program and associated services
- Subscribe to newsletters, advertising, alerts or other services from us
- Submit reviews or choose to complete surveys we have sent you
- Engage with us via social media
- Register or use our in-store WIFI (in any of our stores)
- Enter our competitions, prize draws, surveys, questionnaires or promotions
- Use our customer services team or contact us for any reason, e.g. order queries, complaints, website issues via our web-chat facility, phone, email and postal correspondence
- Complete a form, such as for a transaction or employment purpose or for accident or incidents in stores or for other health and safety or security purposes, or to attend an event we’ve organised
- Visit our locations or car parks which usually have CCTV systems operated for the safety and security of both customers and colleagues
- Browse our websites
- How we use Personal Data we collect
- To enter into or perform our contract with you in relation to your use of our websites, provision of goods and services, to provide you with an account and for the benefits of our Loyalty scheme or shopping online;
- In line with our legitimate interests to provide services and products to you, to provide our websites to you, to personalise services, to improve and monitor business efficiency, to communicate with you and to respond to any queries or requests you may submit to us;
- Where you have given us your consent to do so, such as sending you rewards, exclusives and promotional material that you consent to receiving;
- Where it is necessary to comply with our legal obligations; and
- Where necessary for us to establish, investigate, exercise or defend a legal claim to which you are a party.
|Purpose(s) for Processing||Legal Basis for Processing|
|· To register you as a new user, maintain your account, verify your identity, and process renewals or amendments to terms; · To provide you with products and services; · To notify you about changes to our Privacy Notice; · To process job applications.||· The processing is necessary to perform a contract or enter into a contract with you|
|· To carry out any activities or disclosures to comply with · any regulatory, government or legal obligations; · To prevent, detect and investigate potential fraud, money laundering or other offences; · To investigate improper use of the Services; · To carry out activities necessary to the running of our business, including testing, network monitoring, staff training, quality control and any legal proceedings; · To exercise our right to defend, respond or conduct legal proceedings; · To achieve any other lawful purpose, including the sharing with third parties where you have given any consent required by law to such use.||· The processing is necessary for us to comply with legal and regulatory obligations|
|· To inform you of our promotions; · To contact you regarding the services provided by us; · To keep you informed about new services, developments, special offers, and discounts or awards which we believe may be of interest to you, or which you may be entitled to · To ask you to complete a Survey or market research; · To carry out direct marketing; · To send you alerts or newsletters that you have opted-in to receive; · To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with details about events hosted or co-sponsored by us or about events we feel may interest you · To contact clients regarding business opportunities.||Where you have given consent to the processing of your Personal Data – which you may withdraw at any time Where your consent is not required, and you have not objected, the use of the data is necessary for our legitimate interest in managing our business including legal, personnel, administrative and management purposes provided our interests are not overridden by your interests.|
|· To keep our sites and records updated; · To customise your experience on our services, or to serve you specific content that is relevant to you; · To carry out analysis of your details, in order develop our relationship with you and/or to develop and personalise the Services; · To develop our business and inform our marketing strategy; · To request customer feedback · To provide customer care services; · To ensure the safety and security of colleagues and customers and prevention or detection of unlawful acts||· The processing is necessary to support our legitimate interests in managing our business, provided such interests are not overridden by your interests and rights|
- Retention of your Personal Data
- the length of time we have an ongoing relationship and/or provide our services;
- whether there is a legal requirement to which we are subject; and
- whether the retention is advisable considering our legal position (such as regarding applicable statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations).
- Disclosure of your Personal Data
- We may share Personal Data relating to you with third parties engaged by us to provide or administer the Services and/or the Sites and/or the production of any promotional material which is permitted by law to be sent to you
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose this information to the seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If we or substantially all our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Data (as well as that of other customers) may be one of the transferred assets;
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share information relating to you in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request;
- Credit reference, fraud-prevention or business-scoring agencies, or other credit scoring agencies; Debt collection agencies or other debt-recovery organisations;
- Third parties for joint promotions with that third party. Third parties shall be responsible for their own compliance with applicable privacy laws;
- We may also disclose Personal Data relating to you to our advertisers in order to provide you with targeted advertisements, including social media and digital advertisers
- We may use and share data relating to groups of customers, to enhance our understanding of customer behaviour and enable us to improve our service or the Services in general.
- Unless you indicate otherwise, to advise you of promotions and other goods and services offered by us and/or our suppliers or programme partners or other trusted partners which may be of use or interest to you or your household; and
- In order to:
- enforce, apply or investigate potential breaches of this Policy and/or any applicable terms relating to the Services; or
- where necessary for our legitimate interest to protect the rights, property or safety of our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction, where we are satisfied that it complies with applicable privacy laws.
- International Data Transfers
- Personal Data collected by other third parties and links to other sites
- Your rights
- Keeping your Personal Data secure
- Changes to our Privacy Notice
- Contact Us